Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Exhibition






























3 comments:

  1. Can't say I like the way they hang quilts on those black clothes that the light shows through. Were all the quilts at Houston hung the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the pipe and drape setting was used throughout the majority of the exhibits. A key exception was grey carpet boards used in the SAQA exhibit.

    The light shining through is more pronounced in non-flash photography. In real life, the drapes were more opaque.

    Thanks for all the photos Lisa. I was so busy soaking up the vibe that I took very few photos and I was not quick enough to capture the African woman in traditional garb that was studying Jenny's quilt intently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing these photos - it's a real thrill to see them 'in situ'. If you get a chance, it would be great to know what the feedback is like from visitors also!

    Take care,

    Rita =)

    ReplyDelete